Venue Spotlight: Paddler's Pub at Mountain Whitewater Descents
A few years ago, the folks that started the rafting company Mountain Whitewater Descents were looking for a way to offer their rafting customers a place to unwind after the trip down the Poudre was finished. Paddler's Pub was their answer to this desire. The pub is only open during Summer months, seeing that there's no permanent structure except for a concrete stage and posts that support the beach volleyball net. The pub itself is the big tent that you see in the picture above.
In the time since Paddler's opened it's become a family friendly place for people to enjoy great local music, favorite beverages, beach volleyball, horseshoes, a kids playground, and space for picnics and outdoor gatherings. Most nights there is a food truck for the hungry, and most Fridays and Sundays through the summer feature music from the stage under the huge sail shade. The musicians I know all look forward to playing at Paddler's, and it's become a coveted place to play. I've played there the past three summers. Each time was memorable and capped off with a gorgeous Colorado mountain sunset.
It may be warm when you get there, but by the time the sun sinks behind the foothills you'll be enjoying a cool summer evening. When you visit Paddler's here are a few things to be aware of:
- There's road construction going on in front of the entrance, so take it slow, and don't miss the turn.
- There are a handful of tables, and bar seating under the big tent, and there are some patio tables and chairs scattered around outside. They have a few large benches made out of rafts that are really comfortable. I've been there a few times when they had fewer seats that butts, so it might be wise to pack a camp chair or two, especially if you want to get close to the stage, There aren't many seats near the stage.
- You're welcome to bring in your own food. Lots of families bring picnics.
- There's plenty of parking.
- If you want to make a day of it, reserve a spot on one of the raft trips, or rent a paddleboard for a day out on the lake, then come back to the pub at the end of the day to make your relaxation and recreation complete.
If you'd like to find out more, the website is: http://www.raftmw.com/paddlers-pub/
I'll be joined by my good friend Marc Kray at Paddler's on Friday, August 4. We hope to see you there!
Paddler's Pub at Mountain Whitewater Descents
1329 N Hwy 287
Fort Collins, CO